Carnforth Community Swimming Pool Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.carnforthpool.org (the “Site”).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use it.
We may collect, store and process your Personal Information through the Site, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person at the pool.
We use your Personal Information for three primary reasons:
- For the safe and effective delivery of swimming lessons and sessions that you may attend at the pool, via information that you provide on enrolment forms or their electronic equivalent;
- To keep you up to date with news and information relating to the pool;
- For providing and improving the Site.
Information collection and use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and phone number (“Personal Information”). We may also collect Personal Information when enrolling you on lessons, courses and events at the pool.
When subscribing to our mailing list, either on our website or in documentation or in person at the pool, you are consenting to us using your Personal Information to keep you informed of news and information relating to the pool
When completing enrolment forms at the pool, you are providing your Personal Information to enable us to meet our contractual obligations in delivering a service to you. You will also have the option to subscribe to our mailing list at that time.
When accessing the website you are providing Log Data that enables us to maintain and improve the Site (see below).
We would not share your personal data with other organisations for their marketing purposes unless we have your express written consent to do so.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Links to other sites
Carnforth Community Swimming Pool Ltd has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
As a result of us processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
Our Data Protection Officer is Gareth Patterson, Company Secretary. Should you have any concerns or questions about how we process and store your personal data please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Secretary, Carnforth Community Swimming Pool Ltd, Kellet Road, Carnforth, LA5 9LS
This policy was last modified on 25th May 2018